When I first got into blogging, the gorgeous and sweet Taylor over at Tay’s Life Unscripted is probably one of the first beauty bloggers besides the super duper well knowns that I started following. I am so freaking happy that I did because her videos always make me smile and she is crazy adorable to boot. I dare you to watch one of her videos and not crack a smile. If you haven’t checked her out, you definitely should (click here). So when I came home from holiday and noticed she tagged me in the Infinity Dreams Award blogger tag, you bet I was stoked.
1. Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
2. Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 Facts about Me!
1. If I make my coffee, I drink it black.
2. If I get my coffee at a cafe, it’s usually a skinny vanilla latte.
3. Either way, it’s coffee all day everyday.
4. Whenever I update a blog draft, I first copy everything, because I’ve hit save and had it crash without updating way too many times now.
5. I have a happy light that I sit in front of during overcast days. I don’t care if it actually works or if it’s just a placebo, but it helps so I’m going to keep using it.
6. I will fangirl harder over Bill Nye than I will over standard celebrities. ‘Cause science rules okay.
7. I listen to a lot of metal, Seattle grunge, and oldies.
8. Right now I want nothing more than to be poolside somewhere sunny.
9. I’m surprisingly not proficient at doing a smokey eye. I should watch more youtube videos.
10. I find Lucille Bluth / Malory Archer oddly relatable.
11. I am currently craving ginger lime tea.
1. What’s your biggest dream?
To work for Nordstrom, or Refinery 29, or Sephora. Seriously, doing digital marketing with them wouldn’t even feel like working, it’d be like going to play every day. It might even make me a morning person *fans self*.
2. What’s your dream beauty room look like?
I’m just gonna use a picture. Pretty much a bedroom sized walk in closet though. Mmk? Mmk.
3. How long have you been blogging?
I think I started last September, so that puts me at just about 6 months. Woah, how quickly time flies.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
Happy hour. Weeks and weeks of happy hour brainstorming. Haul for our favorite shopping sprees, dupes for affordable substitutes of coveted products, and a slight reference to Hall & Oates.
5. Ever considered doing YouTube?
If I ever work up the courage, and you guys would actually watch something like that, totally.
6. What’s your favorite food?
Yes? Oh you want a more specific answer? Blood rare filet mignon. It makes me a happy person.
7. What’s your favorite quote?
“Lives were like that: When their paths crossed, they emerged altered forever by the encounter, sometimes in small, almost invisible ways, and other times so profoundly that nothing that followed could ever be the same again. The residue of other lives infects us, and we in turn pass it on to those whom we later meet.” – John Connolly
8. What’s your day job?
I do a variety of digital marketing functions. EG creating editorial content, landing pages, SEO, graphic design, social media, Google Analytics, advertising ROI reports, etc…
9. What started your love of makeup?
When I was little I remember going with my mom to visit her Avon lady, Marie. Marie always gave me handfuls of the tiny lipstick samples whenever we went to see her. I would then carry them around everywhere with me in my little hot pink, vinyl, Aristocats purse. Applying them way too frequently, and rarely contained within my lip line. In my head I was a super fashionista. In reality? I was a four foot, mismatched wreck with competing textures and all kinds of neon. Needess to say, while I was short – and short on style – I was never short on confidence.
10. How has your blog changed you?
I’d like to think that my personality shines through in my writing more than it used to. I’m definitely more comfortable writing about myself now as well. Before I always felt awkward being too personal in my posts and felt that I should focus on just the products. Then I started to realize the reason I followed who I followed was because I liked them as people, not just what products they choose to feature. I would still probably follow the same bloggers if they randomly switched directions and started writing about the cheeses in Southern France or something. On the downside of that, I ramble much, much more now. Sorry about that.
11. Cold natured or hot natured?
Hot natured? I think? We’ll go with hot. Or haute. Probably not cool enough to get away with a hawt joke though. =P
I know this probably seems like a cop out, but if you blog and haven’t done this fun award yet, then I nominate you! I love reading these posts, so if you do end up filling it out let me know!
1. What do you blog about the most?
2. If you couldn’t blog about that anymore, would you still blog?
3. What was the last book you read?
4. Movies or TV?
5. Instagram or Twitter?
6. What’s your signature look?
7. Would you rather be somewhere warm and sunny, or cool and snowy?
8. What is one thing that you’ve really wanted to write about, but haven’t?
9. What is your go to karaoke song?
10. Something that no one would guess about you?
11. And finally, who shot first? 😉